PDA

View Full Version : Zoli zouave sight

ian45662
07-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I just bought an older zoli zouave and I am looking to upgrade the sight. I am going to start by drilling a peep sight into the existing rear sight 300 yard leaf. I know this is a general question and only testing will determine exactly where the hole should be but I was wondering if there was anyone else who has done this before and if so could you tell me roughly how far from the top or bottom I should mark for the center of the hole? Also I may end up replacing the front sight. Could you guys tell me what the best option for that would be?

Charlie Hahn
07-27-2009, 04:51 PM
The short answer is with a stock front sight I don't think you can get the hole low enough.

I would suggest that you take this gun with a RCBS Skirmisher bullet, 37 grains of 3 f Goex, and go to the range.

If you just level the front sight with the top of the shortest rear sight the gun should shoot about 8 inches high.

If this is the case, you need a new from blade about .08 inch higher than you have right now.

The the hole in your 300 yard sight shoule be it the same height of the top of the short blade. This will allow your head position to be high enough to be comfortable.

CH