Thread: Bullets for Pendersoli Sharps Carbine?

Region:
    None

Bullets for Pendersoli Sharps Carbine?

My wife just bought me an Pendersoli 1859 SHarps Carbine and would like to shoot it but have know idea what bullet to use. I was thinking round ball but when I asked on another forum they sent me to this fine forum.

So comes the question. What bullet do you recommend for this rifle and also any suppliers?

The second question is do you recommend a mould for making my own in the future?

Thank you for the help

Respectfully
    Reb_Cav2

Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    Reb_Cav2,

First, welcome to the N-SSA bulletin board forum The information you are seeking has recently been a current subject on other threads. My recommendation would be to contact Mr. Charlie Hahn, for he is the utmost authority when it comes to Sharps carbines & rifles.

By chance are you a member of the N-SSA? If you are and can make the Spring National held on our home range at Fort Shenandoah near Winchester, VA in 2 weeks (May 16 - 20), Charlie has a sutler stand there and can help you on the spot. If not, here is Charlie's info. He is a great gentleman to work with. Hope this helps you.

Charlie Hahn
    410-208-4736
    etb9601@gmail.com
    Francis J. Miller Jr. (Herb)
    Lancaster Fencibles / 79th PVI
    Middle Atlantic Region
    153-MA - 2601V
    Middle Atlantic Region Provost Marshal
    N-SSA National Provost Guard

Region:
    None
    Francis,
    Thank you for the information. I am not a member and am not sure there is a group way out here in the west. I am interested in shooting the sharps and would love to be able to find the iformation and I will contact Charlie about this. I think I have heard his name before on another board but they did say to contact him via this board.
    Also thank you for the welcome to the boards I hope to one day be an asset and be able to assist others but for now I am going to have to ask many questions so I can learn and then some day teach.
    Thank you again for all your help
    Respectfully
    John

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    Hello John, I too welcome you to the N-SSA Bulletin Board!

If you use the search function and look for Sharps stuff you will find seemingly no end to answers to questions you may have, much less answers to Sharps questions you haven't even thought of yet!

Don't be dismayed by some of the posters "poking" at each other because they usually know each other quite well, shoot together, and are just having some good natured fun. Even though we are, for the most part, an intensely competitive group of shooters, you will find nearly everyone here more than willing to help you with whatever problems you may encounter.

Best wishes with your Sharps and I hope you have as much fun with yours as we do with ours.

Sincerely,
    John Holland
    Chairman, N-SSA Small Arms Committee

Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    John,

You are very welcome. As John Holland stated in his post, you will find nearly everyone here more than willing to help you or anyone. The N-SSA bulletin board has a treasure trove of talented N-SSA members and also other individuals world wide that can give you accurate and reliable information on American Civil War weaponry and others, plus uniforms, accouterments, etc. Sometimes it may take a little time to get an answer, and that is because people will research the answer to make sure it is absolutely correct when given, or just haven't seen the post yet. But you will be guaranteed answers.

I am certain you will find the information you are seeking, and I am sure you will have a blast shooting your Sharps, because we do. Have fun.
    Francis J. Miller Jr. (Herb)
    Lancaster Fencibles / 79th PVI
    Middle Atlantic Region
    153-MA - 2601V
    Middle Atlantic Region Provost Marshal
    N-SSA National Provost Guard

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Dixie Gun works has a specific bullet mold for the Pedersoli Sharps. It's part number is MO0706.