It is not my intention to register my team as an independent 501c3.

All I'm trying to do is set up a bank account at the bank who gives free checking accounts to non-profit organizations like the N-SSA.

I don't understand how the N-SSA is set up, and I don't know the ins and outs of 501c3 corporations. but I assumed that all teams are operating under the auspices of the N-SSA inc. We function under their rules and bylaws. This is what covers us under their insurance.

This is the same way the SCA operates. I'm pretty sure this is why all the bank accounts for SCA chapters are actually dba accounts under the SCA inc, as otherwise they would have had to incorporate in every state where there are chapters. This is how I expected N-SSA finances to work also. But in the SCA we always had to do quarterly and annual financial reports that rolled up to corporate. I've never heard of that with the N-SSA.

I honestly don't know legally how teams relate to the N-SSA Inc. I don't know legally how team money is separated from the N-SSA inc.'s money.

But like I said, all I'm trying to do is set up a free checking account under the auspices of participating in a non-profit organization. To do that, the bank wants an taxpayer ID number for the non-profit organization.

Steve