Thread: Parker Hale 1853 Enfield with Whitacre barrel and extras.

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor

No longer for sale.

I picked up this rifle locally. The young man selling it said it had belonged to his father who was a CW reenactor. The stock had clearly seen some use based on the dents and scratches and the brass buttplate and trigger guard likewise showed use. Overall, it was in good condition so I bought it. I also got a sheath, leather cartridge pouch, cap pouch, belt with brass US buckle, bayonet w/sheath, and a couple cans of caps. I took it home and gave it a good cleaning. That's when I discovered that the barrel is a custom by Dan Whitacre and features progressive depth rifling. The bore looks good. I lightly sanded and steamed the stock to remove the worst dents and put on a couple of coats of Danish oil finish. The lock is marked Parker Hale and looks like new. My original intent was to get involved in CW shoots so I picked up a couple of minie ball molds (Lyman 575213 & Lee 500 gr) plus some nifty little plastic things that let me pour in a charge of powder and put a minie on top.

I'm a long-time BP shooter but the Enfield is about 100 years newer technology than my first love, a transitional period flintlock. I've noticed that every time I head for the range it's the familiar flintlock I reach for. So I decided to let the Enfield go to someone who will use it more than I will. I'm going to attach a couple of photos and will be happy to send more to your email address on request. Everything is incuded, rifle, molds, leather gear, etc for $900 + shipping from Texas. Of course, you are welcome to drop by if in the area. I live near New Braunfels, TX.

Thanks,
    John
    Name:  IMG_0136.JPG
Views: 408
Size:  139.8 KBName:  IMG_0140 (1).JPG
Views: 359
Size:  146.2 KB
    Last edited by Stormrider51; 10-15-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: No longer for sale.