Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on procedures

Region:
    Deep South - Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and Texas
    Hey Joe! Welcome aboard!

I've been shooting N-SSA for 6 years now. It is a lot of fun! I find black powder shooting to have a lot more "zen" than modern shooting. I love the team shooting and the individual shooting. Good luck!

Steve

Team:
    Genl Wm T Sherman's Bodyguard
    Region:
    Midwest - Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
    I came to this sport from a long history of shooting. Starting with my dad plinking with .22s, on to high power matches. What I think makes this sport unique is two fold.

1. For the competitor, wringing the accuracy out of the guns, and succeeding. It's one thing to hit a bull at range with a modern cartridge gun. It's another- and far more satisfying- to do so with an antique gun or repro thereof, be the target paper or breakable. With a bullet you made.
    2. The camaraderie. You get on a team, you get to know folks of other teams... it's different from most other shooting disciplines. They become first your shooting buddies, then your friends, and sometimes then an extended family. I never had the pleasure of serving my country, but I imagine it to be a lot like that. You live with these people, you get to know their own life stories and goals, they become quite close.

If you have an appreciation for history, for competitive shooting, for friendships with good folks, you're in the right place, sir, and welcome!

Team:
    12th Regiment Pennsylvania Reserve Volunteers
    10430V
    Region:
    Allegheny - Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia
    Well put Jonk. that hits it on the nose

Team:
    Visitor (non-N-SSA Member)
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Looking so forward to it. Was up at the range shooting my Rep. Springfield 1861 today getting a little practice in. Will meet allot of you guys early June. Thanks, Joe

Region:
    New England - New York, Connecticut, New Jersey and Massachusetts

Looking for a team

Quote Originally Posted by MelindaL View Post
    Hi Joe, I sent you an email.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    we,the 14th Va. Cav are hosting the Skirmish at Saratoga and have a member on our team that is also an Old Saratoga member.His name is Dan Stedman and lives in Ballston Spa.I will call him and have him contact you.He is a past Regional Commander and is very knowledgable.

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by sherm burres View Post
    we,the 14th Va. Cav are hosting the Skirmish at Saratoga and have a member on our team that is also an Old Saratoga member.His name is Dan Stedman and lives in Ballston Spa.I will call him and have him contact you.He is a past Regional Commander and is very knowledgable.
    Much appreciated.

RaiderANV is offline Moderator
    Team:
    Palmetto Sharpshooters
    5795V
    Region:
    Carolina - North Carolina and South Carolina
    Keep in mind Joe that with our recent by-law change you as a non member can show up on Friday or Saturday any time individual matches and YOU can shoot a few rounds for free! You can try your hand at a few different types of muskets and carbines maybe.
    Never squat with yer spurs on!!!

Pat "PJ" Kelly #5795V
    Bealeton, Virginny
    540-878-8024

MAYNARDS RULE!! & starr's DROOL!
    Hence the rust. MAYNARDAE LAUS DEO!

Team:
    NA
    Region:
    Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderANV View Post
    Keep in mind Joe that with our recent by-law change you as a non member can show up on Friday or Saturday any time individual matches and YOU can shoot a few rounds for free! You can try your hand at a few different types of muskets and carbines maybe.
    Would really like to test a few to see how they compare to my 1861 Springfield. Still having a bit of trouble getting any info from the office but, speaking to a few here through pms and emails, sounds like I can figure all this out, hopefully, up in Saratoga in a few weeks.