Thread: Trolling/Scammers on the Forum

Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey

Trolling/Scammers on the Forum

I posted an ad in the forum and individuals that were confirmed as not being N-SSA members attempted to scam me. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind it was a scam. Their names are Bruce Gillies and Donald McRoberts Gusson. (It could be one person using two different names.) Be careful with being contacted by nonmembers wanting to buy something from you or sell you something. These guys can claim to own something that they don't, even send you pics of items belonging to other people that they find on other sites and try to scam you. There occasionally can be visitors trolling our website that are nefarious characters so be careful. They tried to scam me from this site so I know they're seeing posts made on here by other members looking to buy or sell something.

Team:
    3rd US Regular Infantry
    7003V
    Region:
    Middle Atlantic - New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey
    I hate to say this; but I am always a little wary of non members selling things on the forum. I would love to be able to trust everyone, but in this day and age spam and scammers are common. Is there any vetting of people joining the forum?

John Holland is offline Moderator
    Team:
    44th NY Volunteer Infantry
    00973V
    Region:
    Northeast- New York
    As far as I know the program used has no provision for a "Vetting Process" when registering for posting on the Bulletin Board. I have already banned the IP addresses for another dozen spam posts this morning alone.

John Holland
    BB Moderator