New member, please pardon any issues with my post.
I'm trying to remember details of my conversation, and might have some details wrong.

I recently was given the opportunity to purchase a rifle from a family friend. They have lived in Oconee county South Carolina for many generations, and most recently have been apart of the Duke power creation of the lakes and nuclear power plant in the 70's. Anyway, they are retiring to Florida, and moving so I was offered a chance to purchase some furniture. While at their house I saw this rifle, and after asking about it found out that they would sell it to me. The story was it had been in their family since the civil war, and their great? grandfather had been in service with a commander in Salem South Carolina, in the Oars division or regiment or something of the Carolina rifles.

When I look up the manufacturer of the rifle, I see that it was originally longer with three bands. I'd like to post some pictures and see what you experts think about it. I did apply some light gun oil to the whole rifle, just to get the closet dust and minor surface rust off it. I apologize for the signs of oil in the pictures. When I took it outside, it really looks wet. An it had sat in a closet for a while.

Anyway, here it is. I think it looks pretty good for its age. And I'd love to hear more about it. I have more pictures, but can only add four to my post.