A few quick rules for smooth operation of the N-SSA Bulletin Board:
There are a few rules you must abide by in order to maintain your active membership within this message board. The N-SSA reserves the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.
N-SSA Forum Rules:
- Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- We take the "Be Polite" rule very seriously. We do not tolerate any rudeness. Any member who is intentionally unpleasant or disruptive may be banned.
- While debate and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsense posts, or the like.
- You may not post on behalf of any banned member in any public manner. This includes all forums, private messages, signatures, and e-mail features.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contradicts this policy statement, they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- Political discussion related to official and un-official candidates for N-SSA Officer’s and or Board of Director’s listings are prohibited, as is any discussion on religion and religious matters.
Any of the following acts will result in an immediate ban from the forum: the posting of pornography; discriminatory remarks which are sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; any post that contradicts the N-SSA non-discrimination policy adopted January 2008; the use of excessive obscene or vulgar language; posts which discuss or illustrate illegal activity; providing links to sites that contain any of the aforementioned.
We reserve the right to remove offensive posts. You will be notified with a brief explanation when a post is removed.
The N-SSA reserves the right to ban members Forum who continually and willfully violate its simple code of civility. The N-SSA bulletin board is a privilege which the N-SSA provides for its members, and as such, it is within the scope of the N-SSA’s authority to ban individuals from use. We will operate on a “three strikes and you’re out” policy. Once a member has been banned, the member may appear before the Board of Directors at a regularly scheduled meeting and request their membership be reinstated. An exception to the “three strikes and you’re out” policy applies when users contact team members personally (via any means) and posts insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate, permanent ban.
Any member who threatens or abuses the Webmistress or any of the Moderators shall be subject to immediate, permanent ban from the bulletin board, without warning, and his or her rights are not subject to appeal to the Board of Directors. Harassment of any employee of the N-SSA (paid employee or volunteer) is grounds for action by the Board of Directors, including suspension from membership for a period of time, up to and including permanent expulsion from the membership.
- You can find the full forum rules and community usage here: http://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/faq.php. Please read them.
- This forum is for discussing events, weapons & tools, and history of the N-SSA and the Civil War. Please refrain from bashing the N-SSA, other members, the forum or the forum admins. Not only isn't this polite, it reflects negatively on our organization.
- Please do not post off-topic posts in the various boards. Yes, I realize that sometimes it isn't clear. If you don't know, ask, or notify an admin to move your post if you put it in the wrong place. If the post is totally outside the forum rules, it will be removed.
- If you find a problem with the forum, or cannot figure out how to do something, follow the process below:
- Use the FAQ (link above in the menu) to find common activities in the forum and directions. Please check here first to see if your question has already been answered.
- If after looking through the FAQ you find that the question is not addressed, or if the forum is broken or not operating correctly, please follow the directions here to submit a support request: http://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_usage#faq_support_faq . Please follow these instructions in order to ensure that your request can be addressed.
- Above all, keep it civil. This is a family organization, with members as young as 15. Keep this in mind and keep the conversation decent and PG.
- Political and/or government discussions, internal N-SSA policy discussions (for or against) have no place here. There are other forums where you can argue politics, and N-SSA policy decisions are for team, regional and national meetings, not a public forum. They will be locked and/or removed if it happens.